Bhrigu Lake is a high-altitude glacial lake. it is located at a height of more than 14,100 ft. thus catering to a perfect place for some mind-blowing adventurous, challenging and exciting thrills. Bhrigu Lake Trek in Manali is one of the most captivating and mesmerising short treks in the Himalayas and it witnesses you to the high altitude alpine lake, the verdant meadows, lush green forests and everything that your heart has desired and yearned for.
The fascinating lake has its own majestic beauty that charms everyone as it changes its colours with each passing season. In late summer, it changes its color to rich green and in summer it turns its beauty to blue which is a very fascinating sight for the eyes to behold and capture.
Bhrigu Trek Quick Facts:
- Bhrigu Lake Trek Distance: Upto 26 km
- Bhrigu Lake Trek Height: 14,100 ft
- Bhrigu Lake Trek Difficulty Level: Very Easy To Moderate
- Start Point and End Point of Trip: Old Manali
- Start Time and End Time: The trek starts at 10:00 AM (Day 1) and ends around 2:00 PM (Day 4).
Itinerary of the Trek:-
1: Departure from Pune/Mumbai/Nagpur to Delhi
2: Delhi to Manali
: Manali Acclimatisation| Sightseeing Day
4: Breath-taking views of Manali to beautiful Roli Kholi via Gulaba
5: Roli Kholi to Bhrigu Lake
6: Roli Kholi to Manali | Take back many happy and sweet memories from the mountains back home.
7: Solang Valley | Atal Tunnel
8: Arrival in Delhi | Delhi to Pune/Mumbai
Day 9: Arrival in Pune/Mumbai
Bhrigu Lake Trek Highlights
- Trek to a height of 14,100 ft and bless your eyes with the stunning and captivating views of Seven Sister peaks and lush green meadows.
- Grasp the breathtaking and eye-catching views of Bhrigu Lake – a high altitude glacial lake with picturesque view of the snow-capped mountains.
- Sit around a warm bonfire session in the evening, play some games and enjoy a fun chat session amidst the bountiful nature.
- Share the comfortable tents with your grou. and grab some mouth watering meals during the Bhrigu Lake Trek.
Bhrigu Lake Trek: Equipment Required
There is a required list of items that you should always carry. while you are on your trek. This list is not only for specific Bhrigu Lake trek but for the treks. You need to bring these things anyhow when you are packing for your adventure.
- If you are bringing the trekking gear, then you need to have a rucksack bag with an in-built facility of rain cover in it. Then, have a day bag pack and a light one, head torch/light with extra batteries all the time.
- When you are trekking, you need to wear proper footwear with good quality. You also need to wear skid-free, high ankle trekking shoes. They are very important because the shoes should not slip while trekking.
- Wear comfortable clothes like loose t-shirts, pajamas etc. You can also wear full sleeve shirts or sweatshirts for trekking.
- When you are ascending on a mountain, it is your skin that goes dry in no time. Thus, there are a lot of requirements for sunblock creams and moisturisers because they help your skin to never go dry. Also, you should consider having a lip balm.
- Always carry some sachet of glucose powder because that can give you instant energy. You can also carry some nuts or chocolate bars that are easily carried. Do not bring any suitcases and heavy bags while you are coming to trek.
Tips for Trekking
Here are a few tips that you should keep in mind for trekking in Bhrigu lake and beforehand:
- Choose an easy to moderate trek route for the first trek.
- Do proper research for your trek and also know your location.
- Start training early in the daylight.
- Don’t forget to pack the correct footwear and perfect shoes.
- Carry the weight of your backpack according to your needs and don’t be overweight.
- Walk for practice.
- Pack essential emergency items only like a first-aid kit, bandages, and medication for headaches, sanitizer, masks and dysentery etc.
- Keep a down jacket, woollen trousers, sweater and rain gear.
- Carry surgical tape, sun cream, antiseptic cream, etc.
- Remember to carry a Toilet kit with extra towels, toilet papers and soap.
- Always carry torches with extra batteries.
- Pocket Knife and winter duffel bag.
- Go for the Bhrigu Lake trek in January if you want to witness the beautiful snow.